A few safety checks at the beginning of the boating season can help to ensure that your boating experience is a happy one.
- Is the hull of your boat in clean & seaworthy condition?
- Has your motor/s been serviced since last season?
- Is your fuel tank full with fresh fuel? (Do Not Go Out With Old Fuel)
- Does your steering operate freely in both directions?
- Is your battery fully charged and fluid levels correct?
- Have you checked that all electrical equipment operates correctly (e.g. lights, radio)?
- Don’t just rely on your radio. Always have a fully charged mobile phone with you.
- Do you have the correct safety equipment for the area you will be going and is it in good condition, and in date (e.g. flares, EPIRB, Life Jackets)?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then your boat is ready for the water!!
MANY RESCUE JOBS ARE THE RESULT OF POORLY MAINTAINED VESSELS