- Have you checked the weather forecasts and actual conditions for the area in which you will be boating?
- Is your boat still in good condition and all system fully operational?
- Have you told someone where you are going and when you except to return?
- Do you know how many adults/children can be legally carried in your boat?
- Do you have sufficient life jackets for all members on board?
- Is your mobile phone fully charged and stored in a dry location?
- Do you have sufficient fuel for for the trip? (1/3 to get there, 1/3 to return and 1/3 in reserve)
- Have you sufficient food and water for all on board and enough for possible emergencies?
- Have you included a complete first aid kit?
- Have all on board got adequate clothing for a change in the weather?
Think about what you would do if an emergency situation arose – it’s better to be prepared
Do you know how to contact emergency services if you need to?
Phone 000 – Water Police
Phone 0417 038 944 – SPRS
VHF Radio Call Channel 16
27 MHz radio Call Channel 88
ENJOY SAFE BOATING AND DON’T BECOME OUR NEXT STATISTIC